Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Sometimes it’s just not worth the fight….

“Mom, I reaaaallllly want to bring my teacher a gift to school today.” 
“Aww, son that’s so sweet of you to think of her.   What’d you have in mind?”
“Oh, I don’t know…why don’t you just cook her some food.   I’m sure she’d eat whatever you fix!”
“Well, it’s 7:15 and we have to get to school so I don’t have time to cook anything.  Why don’t we just think about it today and you can bring her something tomorrow.”
Eye’s welling up with tears…Mom I have to bring her something TODAY….PLEEEEEESEEE!!!!
Son, not today…I’m sorry.  I’ll pick up something today after work and you can take her a gift tomorrow.
No!   No!  No!!   It has to be TODAY!!!   (crying and upset…)  You don’t understand!  PLEEEEEESEE mom!  Just let me look for a minute and I’ll find her something.  I know I can find something here that she will love!
After a couple of minutes….
He walks in all smiles and says:  “Mom I found the perfect gift….one of your Diet Dr. Peppers!  She LOVES them and you have sooooo many of them.  Please let me take it to her…you’ll never miss this one”
 So I did…it wasn’t worth arguing over anymore…

No comments:

Post a Comment